Sunday, February 16, 2014

4'eva!

It has been 4'eva (forever) since I last posted! Since my last posting I have a new job that has kept me busy and new running experiences that have rocked my world!

Lately I have had some pretty great ideas to post on here, but just haven't taken the time to write them. Someone just asked me tonight if I had quit this blog and that got me thinking that I should get back to it. (Thanks David!)

So here I am.

What's my new job? Over the past year I have been working for Orion Racing as a race manager. It is a runner girl's dream job! It's a hard day of work to go in the woods creating trail courses, run to map out an upcoming race, make things happen on race day, and watch people cross the finish line with sweat and smiles on their faces. Not to mention I work for the best boss 'eva and his family has even adopted me. Yes.... they are as nutty as I am and I haven't laughed so much in years! I'm truly a lucky girl to do what I love with people I love. It's called a blessing, but also makin' it happen. Makin' it happen for what you want in life, what brings you happiness and fulfillment, and what brings new adventures.
Orion Racing Team


Team Awesome!
What are some new running experiences that have rocked my world? Finally made that 100 mile race finish! The Bartram 100's - 100 mile race. I thought about writing a report of my experience on this race, but really it would not be that interesting to read. It would have simply read: "Relentless Determination". That's it. Nothing special I did for this race, nothing awe inspiring. I put my nose to the grind and made my feet keep moving. It was a determination beyond what I previously knew. It was a stubborn determination that refused to accept failure. The one exciting portion this race report would have read: "Team Awesome". I had two friends come out and run with me through the night.We are Team Awesome. They gave up time with their families, acquired sleep deprivation, and listened to my nonsense while running in the dark. Words can not describe how incredibly grateful I am for these friends giving of their time and efforts to help me with my personal goal. Without them, my 100 mile race experience would have been much different. I actually enjoyed every minute of this 100 adventure... almost every minute... because of them. The Bartram 100 rocked my world!

So what's next? I have a few adventures planned this year that I will certainly want to write about. I love recapping exciting experiences, it gives a feeling of reliving the moments and I hope it encourages you to take  on some new adventures yourself. As for this blog, my goal is to keep finding inspirational and informative info. I'm thinking 2014 will be a different and exciting year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, let me know what you think!