Friday, June 1, 2012

Encouragement to Move Forward

I'm leaving today for the Black Mountain 12 hour endurance run. I have high hopes in completing lots and lots of miles, basically running until time runs out! As I created a list of encouraging quotes to help keep me moving forward, I thought they can be used with any goal and in life. Finding a way to dig deeper within yourself can not only be rewarding physically, but often emotionally and spiritually. I think that is why I keep testing myself physically... I find a "zone" that takes me to a place physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. It's a place in the depths of my soul that is not tapped into on a daily basis. When given the opportunity to set goals that will challenge you to find this level of self-discovery... take it, run with it, use it to transform your life into a happier, healthier, stronger you!!!

Quotes I'm running by to help keep me moving forward. (Apologies to not remembering authors to properly reference)
  • Better to leave some energy for the later miles and finish strong.

  • " Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." 1 Corinthians 9:23-25
  • You're better than you think you are. You can go farther than you think you can.
  • Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.
  •  We have killed our souls with comfort instead of seeking fulfillment and achievement.
  • Don't worry about how long it takes, run within yourself.
  • Adversity introduces a woman to herself
  • Fall seven times, stand up eight.
  • Run silent, run deep.
  • In an ultra, there is more than one wall. There are many and each successive wall is higher and deeper. You must break through each wall to accomplish personal greatness.
  •  Don't stop until you get to the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, let me know what you think!