Sunday, April 22, 2012

TOTW x 2

My big day came yesterday and it was EVERYTHING I hoped it would be! Grueling, challenging, leg burning, heart pumping, soul searching, exhilarating, inspiring, rewarding.

SweetH2O 50k. It's not the miles that get you, it's the course. Rooted paths, rocky crevice descents, water crossings, climbs to respect, 6,700ft. elevation gain, 2 x 4 miles of gas and power line roller coasters, and the famous Top Of The World (TOTW) x 2.

November 2011 I set my sights on new challenges, SweetH2O was my pick. It was to be my induction into ultra trail running and finding my inner strength in the process. Six months of training, digging deep, acquiring ultra status along the way, and finding my personal strong came out on this course. Never did I think to quit, never did I wish to be some place else, never did I question my quest. Every step that was grueling I relished, every step through rolling paths brought me inner peace, every step reminded me of where God has brought me in my life, every step I loved.

I'm riding high from this experience and will ride it into my next challenge. I hope you will set your sights on goals, no matter how great or small, that bring you to a place of witnessing your inner strength. It's all about discovering your personal greatness.
Peace!

Photo courtesy of my good friend and running gal Dixie Cox.

1 comment:

  1. You did incredibly well! Very proud of you and your dedication. It is a sport that requires more heart and will than body.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, let me know what you think!